Wednesday, June 30, 2010
I made these cupcakes for a Relief Society dinner and loved how moist they were. We were given the recipe and the ingredients, and all I had to do was make them. Luckily there were a few leftover to bring home!
Cream Cheese Cupcakes (Black Bottom Cupcakes)
1 German Chocolate Cake Mix
(Mix cake as directed on package)
Fill lined muffin tins with the cake batter.
1 8 oz. cream cheese softened
6 oz. chocolate chips
1/3 cup sugar
dash of salt
Drop this mixture into cake batter that is already in the muffin tins. Bake as directed on the cake mix package.
M and M sugar Cookies
(Jamie Cooks it up!)
These just looked good last Friday, and it was our "Sweets" day so I whipped them up. I halved the recipe, and they still turned out so sweet and chewy. This is the whole recipe below.
1 Cup butter softened
1 1/2 Cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Cups Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 medium bag of M&M's (12 oz.)
1. In a standard mixer, or with hand held beaters cream the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes, or until fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for 2 more minutes.
3. In a separate small mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to the butter mixture until well combines.
4. Pour your M&M's and mix just until combined. Don't mix too long or you'll crush the M&M's.
5. Form into round balls (about 2 inches in size) and lay onto cookie sheets.
6. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes or until you see the cookies just starting to crack. Take them out and let them finish cooking on the hot sheet for about 5 minutes.
7. Remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack to finish cooling.