Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A shout out and chicken enchildas!

A shout goes out to simplifysupper.com. It's monthly dinner recipes with grocery lists to match what you're making. I don't ever use the grocery list maker, but I do use their calendars for dinner ideas. The only thing I plan out each week is our dinners, so it's a great help.

We love chicken enchiladas at our house, but the only recipe I have calls for two cans of cream of chicken soup. Don't get me wrong, they are amazing, but I'm trying to choose the better, healthier options for meals....not necessarily the BEST, but better. I got this recipe from simplifysupper.com but added a few things.

Chicken Enchiladas

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or cubed
1 can mild enchilada sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 package flour or wheat tortillas
1 can black beans drained
1/4 cup diced red pepper


Mix all ingredients reserving about ¼ can of enchilada sauce. Spoon mixture onto edge of tortilla and fold together, folding one end into middle. Place side by side in baking dish. Pour reserved sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with more shredded cheese if desired. Bake at 350 about 25 minutes.

The husband mentioned that diced green chilies would be good, and I agreed. So would olives. Hope you enjoy!! I know we sure did.

On the side we had sweet, white corn on the cob and red grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment