Saturday, August 22, 2015

School Lunch: Week 3

This week I was SO super sick the beginning of the week, so lunches were really simple.  I feel like this week Alayna ate a lot better, and what she didn't eat at school she was eager to eat right when she got home.  We're getting the hang of this I think!!

She ate school lunch one day this week, so that's why there are only 4 lunches again....I typically don't see myself making her more than one sandwich a week, but this week was rough with me being sick.

Also, I do PLAN the lunch the night before but don't make it until the morning.  I write on the back of the notecard what I'm making for breakfast and what I'm packing in Alayna's lunch, so it's ready.  Then I flip the card over and leave Alayna a little note for her lunchbox!!

Day 1: peanut butter and jelly heart sandwich on wheat bread, carrot sticks, green grapes, and brown rice chipotle chips. Snack was mixed nuts and raisins I believe....I was sick...I can't remember!!
Verdict:  She LOVED the heart shaped sandwich and ate almost everything today.

Day 2: turkey rolled up, cheddar cheese slices, kiwi, snap peas, sweet bell pepper, and naan crisps.
Verdict: Alayna liked this lunch too and finished her veggies and cheese at home.  Super simple!

Day 3: ground beef and turkey burrito with cheese and spinach, carrots, cinnamon apple slices, and homemade buttermilk ranch for dipping.
 Verdict: She snarfed up that burrito!!  She said it tasted SO SO good.  Finished her veggies and apples at home.  I was SO happy she liked the burrito so much!!

Day 4: Ham and turkey sandwich on wheat, kiwi, broccoli and carrots with homemade buttermilk ranch for dipping.  Gluten Free cookies for snack.
Verdict: Alayna really liked having a sandwich again and ate almost the whole thing.  She ate all her kiwi and only had a couple pieces of vegetables left over.  She actually ate her cookies this time, but gave two of them away!!

***I do still send a small snack with her too since they do have a snack toward the end of the day.  This week was mixed nuts, a homemade raspberry fruit leather, and a Kashi seed and nut bar.  

4 comments:

  1. You rock! Energy and brain food all in some great Tupperware! You amaze me -you're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock! Energy and brain food all in some great Tupperware! You amaze me -you're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH, thanks!! It's something I really enjoy doing now that she's in school!!

      Delete
    2. AH, thanks!! It's something I really enjoy doing now that she's in school!!

      Delete