Sunday, September 13, 2015

School Lunch: Week 6

Check out our school lunches!  I can't believe we're already done with 6 weeks of school.  It's gone by OH so fast.  I really think I'm in the market for a new container though!  We like this one, but it's not leak proof, so if I want to do yogurt, applesauce, dips, or a juicy fruit, it has to be in a separate container.  Only 4 days this week due to Labor Day!  Here's her lunches this week:

 
Day 1: Leftover Taco salad made into a burrito, carrot stick, and a banana. 
VERDICT:  Alayna once again LOVED the burrito and finished it along with the banana.  She finished the carrots after school

Day 2: Leftover homemade chicken tenders with BBQ sauce, olives, green beans, and applesauce.
VERDICT: Alayna wasn't as hungry today.  She only ate one chicken tender.  She did eat all her green beans and applesauce, then finished her chicken and olives at home.

Day 3: Homemade lunchables, cantaloupe, and sweet bell peppers.
VERDICT:  I don't know why Alayna doesn't do well with the crackers.  Maybe it takes too long to put her little lunchable together!  She ate her cantaloupe, 2 bell peppers, ham, half the cheese, and half the carrots.  She ate the rest and shared some with Audrey at home!

Day 4: Heart shaped peanut butter and jelly, almonds, bell peppers and carrots, and a homemade pineapple fruit leather.
VERDICT: Sandwich was demolished first I'm sure!  Alayna also ate the fruit leather and half her vegetables.  She ate most her almonds for snack at school, and then she finished at home!

**I'm that mom who probably sends too much food sometimes, but I worry about her when she's not home!!  I seriously might stop sending an extra snack, but I can't decide.  Friday she just ate her almonds and peppers as her snack since she didn't finish them at lunch.  What to do!!  I'm so glad I have a good eater who eats things I won't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment