Thursday, September 12, 2013

Flourless Peanut Butter Oat Cookies

I normally post recipes I get from other people.  Folks...THIS is my first recipe that I can is mine.  I found a 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe on allrecipes.com but wanted more than what it called for.  This cookie is what I came up with, and it's a good one!!  I just wanted something quick for my 3 year old and her best friend/cousin. 

Two things first though...

My sister in law made us this vanilla last year for Christmas.  I've used it a lot and want to make my  own!!  Taste wise, I can't tell the difference between this and the store bought imitation vanilla, but I like that I know what's in it.

And this cookie scoop rocks!!  I got it as a Christmas gift a while back and can't remember the brand or anything, but it's a stainless steel scoop, and I love it!!

I like my cookies soft inside, so I don't bake them as long as they say.  It made a lot more than I thought it would, so we'll be sending some home with my niece.  You know...I had a baby and still working on widdling away my waste.

Flourless Peanut Butter Oat Cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup regular oats

Mix everything together and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.  Once done, remove to cool on cookie sheets.  Makes 2 dozen.


**I feel like there's a lot you could do to personalize or change up this recipe.  I think it would be good with coconut, mini chocolate chips, white chips, mini m&ms, craisins or raisins, or any nut.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment